Friday, August 2, 2013

Recovery Stinks, in so many ways...

After a week spent off my feet (or foot) at all, it was exciting (?) to get the actual cast on.  I was really just looking forward to not using the crutches everywhere, and to use the knee scooter (instead of just my kids and Eric).


Cast #1, a few hours later I couldn't feel my toes anymore.  I went back in to the office, where they only split the toes open to help relieve pressure.

That just wasn't enough, because I woke up in excruciating pain at 1 am.  It only got worse (even with meds), so we ended up in the ER at 3:30 am to have the cast cut open.  I was back in the dr's office by 10 am for a new cast (one that wouldn't be too tight). 

Sadly, this all meant that the pictures the kids drew for me would be gone too soon.
Davin's

Eme's

Maddie's

Aidan's

  
Now that I've got some painful edema going on in my foot, I had to find a way to elevate my foot, while still keeping the pressure off my ankle.  Thank goodness I got myself a kindle FireHD before surgery, it's been my best friend.  So much so that Eme told Eric that all I do is sit on the couch and play games.  Um, I'd be up if I could dearest.

0 comments: