Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Mom, Dad, I blame YOU for this...


I am the daughter of 2 big trekkies. I am sad to admit this, but I am totally excited for this new exhibit at the AZ Science Center. I won't, however, be there at the members' only preview night on the 15th. I plan on showing some restraint, I'll wait a week or two before going. Thank you for the heritage mom and dad. Oh, and I have a feeling that this will be a little more upscale than that trek convention we went to years ago.

3 comments:

Gramma Seguine said...

Come on now!! No bad-mouthing the Star Trek convention in Sacramento where we went to celebrate Julie and Tom's birthday. Seriously, we have always been Trekkies. We bought our first tv just so we could watch the program at dinner every night. It was a 13" black and white that sat on the end of the kitchen table. And, yes, I do still occasionally wear my prized black satin Trek jacket. Live long, and prosper!!

Emily said...

Oh my gosh. You guys are too much.

Julie said...

At least wear some Vulcan ears!

One of my sweetest memories is sitting on Dad's lap on the couch when I was just a little girl, eating popcorn with butter and parmesan cheese, watching Star Trek.

This summer Ilana found the original Star Trek on some random channel pretty early in the morning and was totally captivated. It was so funny to see! Mom knows, I think she was out here helping with my thesis about that time. Truly a series of shows for the ages.